According to Facebook chatter, today marks the ten-year anniversary of my high school graduation. Crazy!
Ten years ago today, I gave my Salutatorian speech about how "people are like lava lamps." I'm sure it seemed quirky and funny at the time. My friends and parents laughed at least. We went to lunch or dinner later at a steak place--I still ate meat back then. Sometime that weekend we went to La Mesa for dinner. It was my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant in Dallas.
It was a fun weekend. Lots of relatives and even some friends came from all parts of the country. We swam in our old backyard pool. My uncles played guitar, my dad played the violin, and I sang. I was really excited about graduating moving on to college. Apparently that enthusiasm didn't wear off quickly enough, because I'm still here!
Anyway, it's fun to remember that day. It was a big one, and I was loved and supported by many people.
2 comments:
Wow...I can't believe we graduated from HS ten years ago. That also means we've known each other for almost TEN YEARS since we met in our first year Russian class. Fun times. :) Love you!
That's totally true! Sometimes I can't believe it's been ten years since we began college. Other times I look at my freshman undergraduate students, and I can. :) Love you too! Missing you!
Post a Comment