I'm currently researching my third and final religious group of the academic year, 7th-day Adventists, in Keene, TX. The archive here is open from 1-7 PM, so once I arrive I typically work from 1-6 without much of a break. Thus, I need to power up with some coffee or black tea for the afternoon. I'll have this second cup during my hour-long drive from my parents' house to the library.
Today I was feeling good after my workout, so I skipped the second cup. I'm regretting it now, as I find myself, once again on a campus with no caffeine. I'm being reminded of long afternoons on a certain latter-day campus last October. At least the Quakers didn't mind java binges.
Oh well. This trip won't last much longer, and I won't allow endorphins to fool me again!
3 comments:
I can see it now, a co-authored history of secular and religious coffee bean worshippers.
I can see it now, a co-authored book on the history of secular and religious coffee bean worshippers.
Ooooooo! That would be fun. :)
Post a Comment