The beginning of the semester has taken some adjustments, as I'm taking a class in addition to TAing and reading for my comprehensive exams in May. Gone are the quiet days of winter break. The class is good for me, because it gives me a place to air some ideas and to interact with other grad students who study religion, but it does take extra time.
I guess the other reason I feel so calm is that I finally began to write my dissertation proposal yesterday. I've taken the last week to do some extra reading for it, and while I have a bit more reading to do, I needed to put the ideas that I already have on paper. I've got 7.5 pages already! And, I know what to say for the next section of the proposal as well. So, that makes me feel good. (I'm just trying to ignore the fact that I will end up going nearly 2 weeks without time for reading comps books as a result. Shhhhh!)
Patricia comes to visit this week. I'm excited to see her! Hopefully I can keep the stress down and sleep better as the weeks go by?
No comments:
Post a Comment