Last week some random woman told me that I looked like a whore. I should point out that I was completely covered from neck to feet with the exception of my toes, forearms, and head.
Monday morning half way through the bus ride, the young man next to me addressed me: "You know, you're really beautiful." He proceded to try to win over my heart and my phone number by telling me about his career advancement to living and working at the Salvation army. He told me: "there's a lot of things I like about you, but I just can't tell you yet." I felt somewhat violated. Right before he got off the bus he urged me to contact him, saying "I may never see you again, and you never know...this could be it." Hm...should I call him???
Maybe that young, drugged homeless guy really was my destiny, but somehow I doubt it. Or, if he was a part of my destiny, he perhaps only served to make me pause and reflect on my life. It there is such a thing as destiny. My co-worker Jake points out that if nothing else, moments like these make for good stories.
At any rate riding the bus and working downtown reveal to me just how sheltered we really are at the university.
No comments:
Post a Comment